When it comes to choosing a family law attorney, you will find there are
many that claim to have experience in the field. While this may be true,
unless they specialize in the practice, they may not be as qualified to
represent your case as much as they say. As a certified family law specialist,
Matthew Sheasby is recognized by the state of California as an expert
in matters of family law and divorce.
How Does One Become a Certified Specialist in Family Law?
In order to become a specialist in any field of law, one must go through
rigorous training and show exemplary knowledge and skill. The state awards
specializations to specific attorneys who have gone beyond the norm to
better learn their craft and area of practice. Certified specialists also
continue to improve their skills and knowledge in the field of family law.
In order to become a Certified Specialist, one must do the following:
- Continue education in family law and fulfill requirements
- Pass an exam on the subject
- Exhibit knowledge, skill, and expertise in family law
- Have positive references from peers familiar with the attorney’s work
Why You Need a Certified Specialist On Your Side
While other attorneys may claim to be experts in family law, only individuals
who are certified specialists can say that. When looking for a family
law lawyer, you want to make sure you have the best representation out there.
A certified specialist in family law can:
- Protect clients from legal traps
- Help navigate the complicated waters of divorce
- Negotiate and mediate divorce and custody plans
- Offer advice and knowledge that is current
- Be the legal support you need to get through a divorce
If you are going through a divorce, contact our certified family law specialist
at James D. Madden & Aruna P. Rodrigo, Family Law Attorneys. We help San Bernardino residents
obtain the divorce they need. Call today for a free consultation.